Priyanka refused to play a typical Indian girl role in Quantico

Mumbai(ZM): Brilliant and popular Bollywood star many times expressed that here’s the real reason why she refuses to act as typical role of Indian girl in Quantico.priyankachopranice9_8
In this connection she explains PC: “My ethnicity on the show is half Indian-half Caucasian. You know I went to school in America, I grew up there, and all the Indian characters that I saw on American shows are stereotypes and talk like Apu from The Simpsons, who I hate because growing up, everyone would ask me ‘How come you don’t talk like Apu?’. It used to piss me off. My basis with ABC was that I want to do an ethnically ambiguous part, and that’s the only way I would do it. I didn’t want to do a big fat Indian Punjabi family, that’s so expected from a Bollywood actress. I had clearly told them that if you want to treat me like an actress and not a ‘Bollywood’ jewel, where am supposed to dance and do those things, then I am fine. Which is why the parts they chose for me and scripts I read were for characters that are ethnically ambiguous.” She only like white character in the movies .



via Pakistan News - Pakistan Views - Zameer36 Global Issues & World Politics http://ift.tt/1HVyVWM

Comments