A kid Cry - Can Bangladeshi forget Pilkhana Massacre? By Zaheerul Hassan

2nd anniversary of Pilakhan Mascara would be observed today on 25 February, 2011. “Email’ of 12 years old innocent Pinky (name of the kid has been changed because of anonymity) has made my heart very heavy. Innocent Pinky is a daughter of 35 year old officer who have been shot dead in front of her eyes just two years back in a tragic and shocking incident of Bangladeshi history. In her letter she narrated that a day before papa took her to the market along with my mom and younger brother. My papa purchased some chocolates and sweets for me and my brother. He also purchased a beautiful “Sari” for my mom since my parents used to celebrate February 25 as their happy marriage day. My mother got up early in the morning and dressed up with that maroon (my father favourit colour) Sari and said happy marriage to him. She again asked him to get out of bed and go to the backers and bring already ordered cake. Pinky revealed further that her mother went to kitchen for cooking favourite dish (fish and rice) of my papa. My self and father opened the door and went out while waving having hands to mom and my 3 years cute brother Ali. I could not have imagined that just after an hour or say my papa will say Khuda Haifz to all of us. Mom could not have thought that from now onwards her loving husband, Papa of her Pinky and Ali will never come back.
The cute loving daughter further described that her father was on leave but went to the office before going to market. Pinky said they heard the sounds of firing once they entered to the Unit gate. My father got surprised and said that sound of firing is probably coming from the lawn prepared for Unit darbar. Anyhow he tried to turn back for dropping me to home but suddenly a jeep full of armed personals came and pushed me at a side and started dragging my papa. They fired on my father and messaged on wireless in Hindi language to some of his senior. I got myself hide behind the tree and saw the seen of my dying father with my open eyes but could not do anything. I became unconscious and fell on the ground. After two days, I found myself in the hospital once opened found my eyes. My mother was bent on me and my body started shivering to see her. I started shouting “papa”; “papa” but he was no where. I can’t eat those chocolate now which my papa bought for me. I can see and touch those only but really can’t eat because it reminds the sweet memories of my papa. Pinky said that her mother starts weeping on February 24 because she knows that next day would be the day which snatched her loving husband and mine and Ali’s papa. She also said that I feel that nobody gave me the answers that why papa has been murdered, who loved his country and under command soldiers and shed his blood in border clash with India.
She put an innocent question on me by asking that “uncle” tell me that whether my papa is not like the Prime Minister papa. She desires to hang those killers who murdered her father but why is not interested to even search those killers who murder my papa. In this connection I would ask Pinky to be patience and keep on doing best for her loving late Papa.
Anyhow, once I also noticed like Pinky and observed that probably present government intentionally kept it on the low key and even the BD Army did not hold any special events I prayers. Despite that a large number of military officers are still feeling pain and express themselves in their independent ways (though covertly).
Pinky also attached few lines with her “email” which really forced me to write and made me sad. For readers’ consumption going to attach the same lines as send by her to me:-

"The horrendous day of BDR massacre come and passed by, no eye wept, no soul cried, expect for those who have lost their loved ones. There was no national mourning day, no prayers in the mosques. No rallies by the elite of our country. It appeared as if, this was a day belonging to some thing that happened in unknown land and Bangladeshis did not have time to waste on such insignificant events. My country fellows, the blood spilt on 24 and 25 was as precious as it was in 1971. So let’s not forget our heroes of Feb 2009.

In short every action of the sitting government of Bangladesh is seemed to be tilting towards India. Bangladesh probably is trying intentionally to tone down the cases of Water issue, border clashes and the Myanmar water with India. The government clearly knows that the RAW was fully involved in mutiny of Bangladesh force but deliberately avoid arresting those officials who are sitting in the helm of affairs and running the business. According to the “descalling.blogspot.com”, the RAW pumped in about Rs 60 crore for the entire operation. About 15 foreign gunmen were hired for the execution of the army officers. The RAW operatives and their Bangladeshi assets responsible for handling finances met at the International Club in the Gulshan suburb of Dhaka early in January, soon after Sheikh Hasina became PM. In that meeting the younger brother of Sohel Taj, the Deputy Home Minister, was also present. Both the organisers and the providers of the hired killers, which included a number of Indians and a Russian under-world boss by the name of Lazar Shybazan, met at the Hotel Bab-Al-Shams in Dubai on or just before the 19th. There they finalised the operational plan for the hired killers and their payment arrangements. In the last I will ask to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajid that whether she is going to satisfy innocent questions of the Bangladeshi’s daughters?

The author is a defence analyst and can be uploaded approached through
zameer36@gmail.com

Comments